Monday, May 30, 2011

First Connecticut Bancorp -- Stock Conversion

First Connecticut Bancorp is going public. It's converting from mutual ownership to stockholder ownership and it appear the conversion is occurring at a considerable discount from book value. In other words, this conversion may well be an excellent deal for depositors who want to become owners.

First CT Bancorp will sell up to 17.2 million shares at $10 each when it goes public in either June or July.

Keefe, Bruyette & Woods is handling the conversion. The phone number for the conversion center is (877) 860-2086.

If the maximum number of shares are sold, the Price-to-Book Value Ratio will be 73.2%.

Meanwhile, the Price-to-Core Earnings Multiple (based on trailing 12 months earnings) will be 73.6.

Thus, based on Price-to-Book, the deal is attractive. But based on the Price/Earnings Ratio, it's much less attractive.

Bottom line: this deal deserves close analysis. The stock may well jump from $10 to $13 when trading begins.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I have take note your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent.
I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you're stating and the best way by which you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to keep it sensible. I can't wait to
learn far more from you. This is really a great website.



my blog post what should i weigh
my page > how much should i weigh for my age and height

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog right here! Additionally your site a lot up fast!
What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate
link to your host? I want my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Visit my web blog best registry cleaner

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home